NOTICE: Effective by end of day Thursday, March 19, York University will be offering limited on-campus services to prevent the risk and spread of COVID-19. However, the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies is still fully committed to ensuring our students get the supports they need. You can reach us at email@example.com
For more information on the University’s response to the coronavirus, please visit the website for the most recent updates.
Other updates to share:
-The drop deadline has been extended until May 9th.
-Advising support is being delivered virtually via zoom or email. https://advising.students.yorku.ca/locations
-Student Counselling & Development: Should students be interested in speaking with a counsellor, they may access telephone single session/ crisis/ emergency support by calling 416-736-5297. If the line is busy, please wait for a few minutes and call again.
Additional counselling/crisis/support lines students can reach out to include:
- Good2Talk: Call 1-866-925-5454 or text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 416-863-0511
- Burlington Distress Centre: 905-681-1488
- Distress Centers of Greater Toronto: 416-408-HELP (4357)
- Durham Crisis and Mental Health Line: 905-666-0483
- Gerstein Centre Crisis Line:416-929-5200
- Oakville Distress Centre: 905-849-4541
- Scarborough Health Network Community Crisis Line: 416-495-2891
- Spectra Distress Line: 905-459-7777
- York Community Crisis Response Services: 1-855-310-COPE (2673)
- 24/7 Crisis Support Peel Dufferin: 905-278-9036